About Our Training Program
The training program is called Showgear Sound Reinforcement Training (SSRT), Which started in April 2016. SSRT was an initiative that came about by recognizing and increasing demand for prefessiionally trained audio engineers / sound technicians in Nigeria.
SSRT aims to empower studenstastudents with the necessary practical skills, knowledge, values and attitude required to enter the broad scope of global music and entertainientertainment industries and operate effeeffectively as trained sound technicians. To this end, the syllabus covers a wide range of applied skills and knowledge in live sound production.
After the training in April 2016, SSRT quickly gained a good reputation and acceptance by producing well trained aound rechnicians. The testimonials about our trainees from their sponsors were very impressive and encuraging. Also, the trainees as well attested that the training was very impactful and empowering.
In 2017, the number of participants that ateended SSRT doubled the previous year and we also extended SSRT to Port Harcourt and Abuja based on popular demand.
The training program comprises of eight modules with extensive lectures in theories and practicals and certificates of participation are awarded participants who successfully complete the program.
- Live sound production
- Studio production
- Music production
- Audio post production
- Location sound
- Sound designing
- Recording and Mixing
- Forensic audio (working with law enforcement agencies)
The program was well-structured and broken down to eight modules that covers all basic and fundamentals in sound engineering.
- Module 1 – Principle of sound
- Module 2 – Balanced Audio
- Module 3 – Components of sound
- Module 4 – Setting up of sound systems
- Module 5 – Signal Processors/Effects
- Module 6 – Mixing Techniques
- Module 7 – Ear traingingtraining / Frequency identification
- Module 8 – Troubleshooting of sound systems.
Our facilitators are professionals specialized in different areas of Audio Engineering, with experiences spanning several years in the industry as both engineers and tutors of the profession.
Check out the profile of each facilitator to envision what we have in stall for you.
Aquarian FR22BK Full Force Series - 22 inch Resonant Head & PHBK Drumhead - Black
- Aquarian Full Force FR22BK is a coated, two ply drumhead composed of two 10mil plies.
- Aquarian’s Vintage Coating and tone with the added durability and depth that two 10mil plies deliver.
- Medium weight
- Size: 22 inch Black Gloss
Mixing With The Waves Console
- Learn to configure I/O devices, servers, network, controllers, sample rate, mixer settings, personal user interface settings, and work offline.
- Learn to use the grid filters to patch inputs, outputs, internal links and mute groups, main outs, matrix, devices in the network and delay groups.
- Set channel parameters and mixer functions: inputs, plugin and editing controls, aux sends, outputs, cue, talkback, matrix sends, links and DCA control.
- Learn to configure layers, utilities and mixer controls: Inputs, outputs, routing, aux sends, plugins, assignments, master fader and all channel parameters.
- Learn to manage eMotion LV1’s file management section in order to manage settings for entire sessions and for snapshots.
- Set delay and latency compensation for delay groups and the entire mixer. Configure external controllers and devices using Mackie Control protocol (MCU) to manage mixer functions.
Music Production Essentials
Introduction to Music Production.
The Science of what you hear,
- What Is Sound?
- Principle of Sound
Introduction to Digital Audio,
- An Introduction to Digital Audio,
- Digital Sampling
- Bit Rate
- Signal Conversion
- Compressed Audio
Essential Tools for Making Music and Beats,
- Sounds / Instruments
- Audio Interfaces
- Studio Monitors and Headphones
- MIDI Controllers
- Studio Microphones
Introduction to Audio Computers,
Introduction to Recording Software (DAW),
- Introduction to Digital Audio Workstation.
- How to Set up a DAW for Recording
How to set up Interfaces (Hardware),
- Gain Staging
How to set up Interfaces (Software),
Beating Making Process,
Composition and Arrangement,
Basic Mixing Approach.SKU: n/a